Connect with us

AFC

Broncos’ John Elway Says Team Could Look for New Backup Quarterback

Published

on

Denver Broncos president John Elway isn’t too thrilled with the quarterback depth chart, despite the recent promotion of Chad Kelly to the #2 spot behind starter Case Keenum, and could be in the market for a new backup signal caller.

“I’m not going to tell you we’re definitely going to stand pat, but I’m not telling you we’re going (in) that direction, either,” Elway said, during an appearance on 103.5 The Fox (h/t Associated Press).

Kelly’s recent performance, in which he threw for 177 yards and two touchdowns in the preseason opener against the Minnesota Vikings, has seen him leapfrog former 2016 1st round pick Paxton Lynch on the depth chart.

“We’ve got to have confidence that that guy that’s going to be the backup can play and win football games,” Elway said. “And so that’s why we’re still in that process of trying to see if we’ve got that guy behind Case.

“Even though Chad played very well on Saturday night—we’ll see how he does this week—but if something were to happen to Case, can he come in and continue to win football games for us?” Elway said. “That’s the big part of the evaluation process and that’s still going on.”

AFC

Chiefs Looking at New Contract for Patrick Mahomes After 2019

Published

on

While there is still disappointment surrounding the Kansas City Chiefs following their AFC Championship loss to the New England Patriots, the future is bright, especially after an MVP-type season from quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Chiefs are looking to work on a new contract with Mahomes following the 2019 season, when he will become eligible for a contract extension.

The report goes on tho speculate that the new deal for Mahomes could be the NFL’s first $200 million deal.

Mahomes, 23, threw for 5,097 yards and a league-leading 50 touchdowns in 2018, leading the Chiefs to the AFC Championship game.

Continue Reading

AFC

Jaguars Re-Sign Jarrod Wilson

Published

on

The Jacksonville Jaguars have re-signed safety Jarrod Wilson to a three-year contract, the team officially announced last week.

Wilson, 24, was set to become a free agent this offseason, but the new deal will keep him in the fold through the 2021 season.

Wilson collected 21 tackles, two pass deflections, and a forced fumble last season for the Jags.

Continue Reading

AFC

Texans Re-Sign Seantrel Henderson

Published

on

The Houston Texans are bringing back veteran tackle Seantrel Henderson, who suffered a season-ending injury during his first game with the team, according to NFL Network insider Ian Rapoport.

The Texans announced that they have re-signed Henderson, who had expressed a desire to stay in Houston, for a one-year, $4.5 million contract.

Continue Reading

Trending