The Atlanta Falcons have signed Giorgio Tavecchio, according to an official team announcement.
Tavecchio, who spent last season with the Oakland Raiders, becomes the third kicker on the Falcons’ roster and will compete with Matt Bryant, the team’s all-time leading scorer, and rookie David Martin for the starting gig.
The Falcons won’t have much time to make their decision as roster cuts coming on Saturday.
Falcons Releasing Ryan Schraeder
Falcons Restructure Matt Ryan’s Contract
Falcons Discussing Contract Extension with Deion Jones
Jones, who has a year remaining on his rookie deal, is currently slated to earn $1.07 million in 2019 and appears to be a part of the Falcons’ plans moving forward.
Jones earned a Pro Bowl nod back in 2017, but missed most of the 2018 season due to a broken foot he endured in Week 1.
Still, Jones when out to record 53 tackles, 1 sack, and 2 interceptions, including a pick six, in 2018 for Atlanta.
- Dolphins, Reshad Jones Likely Parting Ways
- Cowboys Pick Up Ezekiel Elliott’s Fifth-Year Option
- Cowboys Start Contract Extension Talks with Dak Prescott, Amari Cooper
- Patriots Sign Demaryius Thomas
- Bears’ Zach Miller Announced Retirement
- Chargers, Travis Benjamin Agree to Contract Extension
- 49ers’ Cedric Thornton Ends Retirement
- Green Bay Packers2 years ago
Aaron Rodgers Wants To Be Playing For Packers When He Turns 40
- AFC2 years ago
Dolphins Ryan Tannehill Suffers No Structural Damage To Knee
- News5 months ago
DeSean Jackson Likely Done with Buccaneers
- AFC1 year ago
Steelers’ Mike Mitchell Fined $48K For Late Hit On Chiefs’ Alex Smith
- AFC6 months ago
Dolphins Need to Trade for Derek Carr
- AFC4 months ago
Mike Tannenbaum Essentially Fired by Dolphins
- Dallas Cowboys8 months ago
Cowboys Increased Trade Offer for Earl Thomas
- AFC2 years ago
Dolphins Ryan Tannehill To Miss Significant Time, May Need Season Ending Surgery