Alford, 30, has spent 6 seasons with the Falcons, is the team’s longest tenured player, and is scheduled to make $9.1 million in 2019.
With his release, the Falcons will only take on $1.2 million in dead money and it will create $7.9 million in cap space.
Falcons Releasing Ryan Schraeder
Falcons Restructure Matt Ryan’s Contract
Falcons Discussing Contract Extension with Deion Jones
Jones, who has a year remaining on his rookie deal, is currently slated to earn $1.07 million in 2019 and appears to be a part of the Falcons’ plans moving forward.
Jones earned a Pro Bowl nod back in 2017, but missed most of the 2018 season due to a broken foot he endured in Week 1.
Still, Jones when out to record 53 tackles, 1 sack, and 2 interceptions, including a pick six, in 2018 for Atlanta.
- Dolphins, Reshad Jones Likely Parting Ways
- Cowboys Pick Up Ezekiel Elliott’s Fifth-Year Option
- Cowboys Start Contract Extension Talks with Dak Prescott, Amari Cooper
- Patriots Sign Demaryius Thomas
- Bears’ Zach Miller Announced Retirement
- Chargers, Travis Benjamin Agree to Contract Extension
- 49ers’ Cedric Thornton Ends Retirement
- Green Bay Packers2 years ago
Aaron Rodgers Wants To Be Playing For Packers When He Turns 40
- AFC2 years ago
Dolphins Ryan Tannehill Suffers No Structural Damage To Knee
- News5 months ago
DeSean Jackson Likely Done with Buccaneers
- AFC1 year ago
Steelers’ Mike Mitchell Fined $48K For Late Hit On Chiefs’ Alex Smith
- AFC6 months ago
Dolphins Need to Trade for Derek Carr
- AFC4 months ago
Mike Tannenbaum Essentially Fired by Dolphins
- Dallas Cowboys8 months ago
Cowboys Increased Trade Offer for Earl Thomas
- AFC2 years ago
Dolphins Ryan Tannehill To Miss Significant Time, May Need Season Ending Surgery