After the Falcons fired defensive coordinator Marquand Manuel this offseason, the decided not to hire a new defensive coordinator and instrad allow head coach Dan Quinn to call defensive plays moving forward.
Sutton was fired earlier this offseason following the Chiefs loss in the AFC Championship game to the New England Patriots and will handle “in-game strategy, clock management, time-out usage and replay review,” for the Falcons.
Falcons Releasing Ryan Schraeder
Falcons Restructure Matt Ryan’s Contract
Falcons Discussing Contract Extension with Deion Jones
Jones, who has a year remaining on his rookie deal, is currently slated to earn $1.07 million in 2019 and appears to be a part of the Falcons’ plans moving forward.
Jones earned a Pro Bowl nod back in 2017, but missed most of the 2018 season due to a broken foot he endured in Week 1.
Still, Jones when out to record 53 tackles, 1 sack, and 2 interceptions, including a pick six, in 2018 for Atlanta.
- Dolphins, Reshad Jones Likely Parting Ways
- Cowboys Pick Up Ezekiel Elliott’s Fifth-Year Option
- Cowboys Start Contract Extension Talks with Dak Prescott, Amari Cooper
- Patriots Sign Demaryius Thomas
- Bears’ Zach Miller Announced Retirement
- Chargers, Travis Benjamin Agree to Contract Extension
- 49ers’ Cedric Thornton Ends Retirement
- Green Bay Packers2 years ago
Aaron Rodgers Wants To Be Playing For Packers When He Turns 40
- AFC2 years ago
Dolphins Ryan Tannehill Suffers No Structural Damage To Knee
- News5 months ago
DeSean Jackson Likely Done with Buccaneers
- AFC1 year ago
Steelers’ Mike Mitchell Fined $48K For Late Hit On Chiefs’ Alex Smith
- AFC6 months ago
Dolphins Need to Trade for Derek Carr
- AFC4 months ago
Mike Tannenbaum Essentially Fired by Dolphins
- Dallas Cowboys8 months ago
Cowboys Increased Trade Offer for Earl Thomas
- AFC2 years ago
Dolphins Ryan Tannehill To Miss Significant Time, May Need Season Ending Surgery